Sunday, January 31, 2010

Traditional Japanese Hairdo & Kimono Demonstration

at Queensbay Mall 3pm-5pm
I forgot about this, luckily my mom told me.

So got what?? Kimonos, yukata, dancers!






putting on Obi













Kabuki 歌舞伎


The story was about lovers *if not mistaken*



btw, this is a guy. ^^





He learn the dance from the lady in the middle, and I think he is the only one in Malaysia learn this dance.













ohhh... I don't remember this part.


The lady on the right is Kobayashi Fumi, Master of Kimono Dresser!
Came to Penang for 1 month holiday.

photo above and below
Kobayashi-san was doing Traditional Japanese hairdo for the Bride. I heard that normally they put on wig, but today she show us how ! What a rare chance to see.



btw these 4 girls's Obi are different


The bride was wearing the traditional white Japanese wedding Kimono is called shiro-maku.


The one she wear outside is called ucikake, made of silk.


the pins on her hair are called Kanzashi








No comments: